26 September, 2010

Ning.com--who knew?!

So, when I realized that one of the objectives for this week was to go to Ning.com and search groups to join I was unable to see the benefits of this task.  Not even one.  Well, I was completely wrong!  I did have some difficulty navigating the site initially; prompts were repeatedly popping up whenever I wanted to view something.  Finally, I simply clicked on links for individual networks after perusing an extensive and long list.  Some that I viewed are the following: Classroom 2.0EFL Classroom 2.0, Teachers Using Message Boards or Blogging, Professional Development

I was apprehensive about following the link to the EFL classroom simply because I am interested in ESL and while there are similarities, I was concerned about the numerous differences.  If anyone else is feeling this way, ignore it! This group is fantasic--so here is the link again.  EFL Classroom 2.0 

Professionals in the ESL & EFL fields actively participate in discussions and post links to relevant issues.  Along the side there are options to view daily lessons, "lessons in a can," an English tutor (how helpful is that for ESL students?!) and even study music!!  We as ESL educators can gradully introduce our students to this technology; they can access all of these tools and blog about any issues they may be facing during the second language acquisition process or any thoughts they may have.  I highly reccommed this site despite my initial hesitancy.  If nothing else, sign up to the network and see what I'm talking about first hand.

1 comment:

  1. I've never really looked at the EFL Classroom 2.0 site in depth. Thanks for letting us know how useful it really is!

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete